Golden Empire Flying Association
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 P.M.
There were no new guests present but a good turnout by the membership.
Treasurers report: October 2010:
- GEFA Account has $8,805.08
- Air Fest Balance: $3,106.52
- Airefest CD: $17,113.55 Matures in April 2011
The minutes were read and approved for September and October 2010.
Scholarship: Carol has had meetings with her group and is getting the information ready for the 2011 scholarship
- Elections of officers
- As you know Doug and Maureen are stepping down as president and secretary so has of October there was no nominations.
- Gary G. stepped up to nominate Tim O’Brien as President and Chris Evans as secretary but Tim wanted to ask some questions before he accepted the position.
- Tim wanted to know if the membership was serious in continuing the Club and helping sponsor the Airfest. If not then he would not take the position.
- Tim asked for attendance at the meetings to be as great as they are tonight.
- Tim said with the encouragement of the members that he would accept.
- Chris accepted the position of Secretary.
- The nomination for officers was presented as follows with a first and seconded by Keith Thomasson and Katie Gilliat
- Nominations for the offices as read:
- President: Tim O’Brian
- Vice President: Gary Gilliat
- Treasurer: Karen Smith
- Secretary: Chris Evans
- It was passed and the new officers will take office in January, 2011
- Katie did the research and there isn’t enough people to do the Christmas Dinner at the Country Club. She checked into doing it at other places but the price is about the same. It was decided to do a Christmas potluck at the Lodge on December 16, 2010.
It was asked if we wanted to do a gift exchange. After much debate it was decided that if you wanted to participate in an exchange that it would be a Christmas theme gift and under $10.00. You do not need to participate in the exchange just come and have fun.
Betty is doing the music for dancing. It was also suggested that you might want to bring canned foods for the food bank (not required) but much appreciated.
- Katie brought forth an idea to see if anyone wanted to have the meetings every other month. The members in attendance wanted it to remain the same. We had 36 members in attendance, so keep it up for the new officers.
Happy Thanksgiving. The meeting was adjourned.
Respectively submitted — for the last time — by Maureen Young