Golden Empire Flying Association
The October meeting started at 7:05 pm at the Seamans lodge.
The minutes were not available so in November the minutes for October and September can be voted on.
Treasurers report: October 2010:
- GEFA Account has $8,885.08
- Air Fest Balance: $3,106.52
- Airefest CD: $17,099.49 Matures in April 2011
- Carol Andrews reported that she has her scholarship committee which is Bruce McGrew, Doug Young, and Tom Engleman. We voted to fund $3000 for 2011 GEFA scholarship in August. Carol is hard at work and thanks for taking on this wonderful task.
- AWOS is now a dead issue Tom Engelman said the funding is not there.
- November is nominations for officers for the 2011 year . Doug Young is going to step down as president and Maureen Young is also stepping down as as secretary.
- Vice President: Gary Guilliat said he will remain
- Treasurer : Karen Smith said she will remain
So please be ready with some nominations for these offices none were wanting to fill these two position from those in attendance . Katie said she would be the nominating committee chair person and poll the membership for those who be interested in the position that are necessary to maintain GEFA as a non profit, inc. organization.
- Pat Rorden fell and broke her hip and had surgery then was life flighted to Rocklin from Oregon
- Marilyn Wilson reminded us to vote on Tues.
- Dale S. went Oregon to Evergreen Musuem.
- Katie said she would look into the country club for a Christmas Dinner in December we took a count and 22 people said they would attend it the price was known. We have to have aleast 50 to 60 people to help pay the bill of rental and dinner. She will let us know by e-mail the cost and if it is a go. Thank You Katie for your hard work also.
See you in November at the lodge
Respectively submitted by
by Maureen Young