Golden Empire Flying Association
June 24, 2010
From 1800 to 1900 hours the participating members enjoyed visiting and indulging in their favorite beverage while cooking their main course on the park BBQ's.
We all took note that Kathy Hammes had knocked down the weeds and cleaned up the park — Kathy was also kind enough to have the BBQ's started for us by the time we arrived at 6:00 PM. A Big Thank You to Kathy Hammes for all of the "beautification" she provides at the airport.
At 1900 hours Vice President Gary Guilliat called the meeting to order in the absence of our President, Doug Young. Carol Gibson serenaded us with the GEFA Song. Very Nice!
Minutes from April have been read and approved.
Treasurers report: Karen Smith reported:
- GEFA Account has $8,959.08
- Air Fest Balance: $3,106.52
- with an additional $17,055.97 in a CD
Carol Gibson and Gayle Amato both displayed their knee replacement scars and a vote was taken. I believe it was a tie as to who had the best scar.
- There was no "new hangar" news to report on "old news".
- Gary updated the Hood River Flyout information and agenda that will be taking place on July 16-18. If any more information is needed you are asked to contact Gary at: email@example.com or call him at 272-8678.
- Gary briefed on the new FAA taxi instructions for towered airports that will be in effect by June 30, 2010. Should you have any questions you can go to the FAA website for more information. The link is: http://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Notice/N7110.528.pdf
- New information about past scholarship winner Wade Carmen — he wed his long time girlfriend, Kaydee and they were married on June 5th at Millers Pond off Bitney Springs Road in Grass Valley — GEFA member, Karen Smith, attended the wedding and said it was a beautiful ceremony.
Wade has been working at Edwards AFB and they will continue to live in California City — there is a big glider community there and Wade has soloed and is very close to getting his glider rating. Kaydee graduated from Sac State in May with a degree in geography and will be looking for employment in that field. A Big Congratulations to them both!
- New information about TJ O'Brien — son of infamous Tim O'Brien — and his upstart business of auto detailing — he will actually detail just about anything and has his own supplies to accomplish a fine job. He is charging just $14 per hour and comes to your location. I think you might be able to talk him into just about any job you may have so please contact him if have work for him. (530) 273-1972 or 613-6708.
- There was mention of a Fathers Day event at Columbia this weekend on both Saturday and Sunday — it might be an interesting place for a flyout, but nothing more was decided at this time.
- Our last bit of news left us on a very sad note that we were all very sorry to hear. Dave and Sue Schwarz' grandson was serving our military as a Marine in Afghanistan when he was recently killed in the line of duty. Services are to be held at the Calaveras County Fairgrounds on Saturday July 19th. Our hearts go out to you. Gary Guilliat and Rudy Rudolph will fly a missing man flight over the fairgrounds at 6:00 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:35 pm
Respectively submitted by
by Katie Guilliat in Maureen Young's absence