Golden Empire Flying Association
The meeting started at 7:08 p.m.
Minutes from April have been read and approved.
Treasurers report: Karen Smith reported:
- GEFA Balance $8,949.08
- Air Fest Balance $17,027.97 CD
- Account: $3,096.51: Taxes sent - CPA paid
- Any news on AWOS to internet for Nevada County airport not available
- How are the new hangers at the airport coming along? No one has heard?
- Hood River trip: Katie said it will take place July 16,17,18. So far five planes with 10 people are signed up. E- mail Gary or Katie for updates
- The City Parks have asked about moving our meeting place to the Veterans building in Nevada City on the third Thursday of each month because a Dance group would like to use the building every Thursday night.
Karen was going to look at the Veterans Hall to see if it is handicap available to the bottom floor and if there are lockers available and table and chairs and report back to us. We said it would be ok, because we wouldn’t have to worry about parking. The price would be the same rental fee.
- Missing bowl one year ago — white bowl with orange in the middle? Anyone has or seen it please bring it to June meeting.
- Our speakers for tonight are Doug and Gary and there excursion to Florida and Tennessee to buy their new (to them) planes. What an adventure Doug saying, "I will never buy a airplane sight unseen again."
Gary saying, "he would never rent a Peneske rental truck again." Great fun and a wild adventure was had by the both of them. If you weren’t there ask them for more to the story...
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05 pm
Secretary of GEFA