Golden Empire Flying Association
Minutes for April 2010
The meeting started at 7:10 p.m.
Minutes from March have been read and approved.
Treasurers report: Karen Smith reported:
- GEFA Balance $8,959.08
- Air Fest Balance $17,013.51 CD
- Account: $3,500.00
- Tom brought us up to date on how he is progressing on the AWOS to internet for Nevada County airport. He phoned to the airport manager at Blue Canyon to see how they got funded. He phoned Air Nav and got a recording. Phoned the public works Dept. left a message and has not received a return.
- How are the new hangers at the airport coming along? Anyone heard? The dollars where not funded or sold so they will not be built. If this is so can anyone verify from County?
- Hood River trip: Katie said it will take place July 16,17,18. So far five planes with 10 people are signed up.
- Miles Bostic was so good to stand in for Gary G. who was in Florida picking up a new airplane. Miles told us some wonderful stories with interjections by Bobsie Bostic telling him not to forget this or that what a wonderful adventures they both have had through out their lives. The best story by Miles was loosing his hat at Lake Hood so please ask him about it if you weren’t there.
- Keith also told us about Bob Conkaid (Spelling?)
- Bobbie B. told us about Jean and her 172 While flying — through rough weather in the San Fernando Valley — Jean saw a McDonalds sign and she said “Thank God its not the pearly gates”
- Ken Zuccherman was up flying and everyone in the plane was naming all the clouds as they were flying along and finally about 6 minutes later someone said there a “Bunny”
- Aviation Navigator Kelox Gmbh puts out a new phone for flying there is a one-time charge it is great.
- Alan K. told a story about a cub (plane) that had no wheels. So you put it on a dolly and fly off dropping the dollies and lands on wet grass. Doug asked how the new engine is doing? Its done and he knows what goes where when installing an engine — practice makes it perfect.
- Doug brought an article about sport planes Cessna Skycatcher — (Made in China)
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm
Secretary of GEFA