Golden Empire Flying Association
Minutes for February 2010
GEFA Minutes by Maureen Young
The meeting started at 7:10 p.m.
Thanks to all the cooks. There was a brand new member present welcome Mac Small.
Minutes from the November were approved as written.
Treasurers report: Karen Smith reported:
- GEFA Balance $6,424.80
- Air Fest Balance $17,000.00 CD
- Account: $3,500.00
- Rusty Hammer wanted to know if there was more on the tabled motion. The president stated that it is still on the table.
- There was no more old business.
- The president brought the article about the new airport hangers that are to be built. It was said that they would be breaking ground up near the Rudolph hanger by April 1st.
- The president also brought the article on the winner of the AOPA airplane award. It went to Michael Graves a local Alta Sierra man. Congratulations!
- The president asked if there are any fly-outs planned?
The vice president suggested a fly-out to the Hood River in July.
- Fly up on Friday to tour the dam.
- Saturday to see a museum have a train ride with dinner and a play that night.
- On Sunday a riverboat cruise.
- More information to come at the next meeting.
- Dan Castle brought up the High school fundraiser, with the guest speaker an SR-71 pilot. The tickets are available at the Bookseller for $20.00.
- The website got an invitation to participate in a free booth to tell about our organization. EAA Watsonville Air show. The event is April 17, 2010 form 9am to 5pm.
- Betty Pearson brought up news about the Census. She is our local representative and she wants you to now how important it is to fill it out and return it. Other wise they will have to pay for people to go door to door and get the information.
- Gerald Davenport wants to know how the new GEFA song is coming? Come up with some new ideas for next meeting.
- Alan Krosner’s new engine has four hours on it with many $$ of fuel running through it.
The adjournment was moved and seconded and the meeting was adjourned at 7:37 pm
Secretary of GEFA 2010