Golden Empire Flying Association
November 19, 2009
GEFA Minutes by Maureen Young
The meeting started at 7:10 p.m.
Treasurers report: Karen Smith reported:
- GEFA Balance $6,141.45
- Air Fest Balance $24,588.56
Minutes from the October 15, 2009 minutes were approved as written.
- Christmas Dinner is $40.00 per person and the cutoff date for money is 12-09-09
- Let Katie know if you are not receiving any e-mails.
- Karen Smith will update e-mail list in Jan. 2010 along with the membership list
- In October minutes a motion was approved as follows:
- $20,000 retain in Air Fest account(money market) for 2011 Air Fest
- Balance (after all 2009 Air Fest expenses ) to be placed in a JOINT account marked for scholarships. (EAA & GEFA)
- A committee with members from both EAA & GEFRA to be formed , to enable Scholarships to be awarded in 2010 and 2011.
- At the meeting a motion to amendment the Joint account funds was brought up, it was stated that we could not amend the motion ,. motion to negate was agreed upon and a new motion was cast.
- Motion was made to divide the funds for JOINT account for scholarships to be split equally (minus expenses , taxes etc.) and a check issued to EAA and GEFA instead of opening a joint account The motion was seconded and approved by the members in attendance.
- No meeting in December
- WE will hold of the AWOS proposal until Jan.2010.
- Fly outs: a trip to see the space shuttle and various museums and other venues sometime in March. /wives to be included they can go to Disney World or watch the take off of the shuttle, there will be discussion in Jan. Gary G. says contact him to sign up.
- Fly Out: Half Moon Bay trip brought up by Keith or another trip to the Willits, Skunk Train.
- Are there any Guest speakers? None.
- As an EAA member, Rusty Hammer wanted to make a motion regarding Air Fest that addresses the specifics that we have been discussing in the last 2 meetings and clarifies it for the future.
- Keith T. stated after discussion and presentation of all written agreements, correspondence be presented to all members in writing, then a written vote can be amended and approved. The decision was to table any motion until all boards seeing agreement and each GEFA member sees it in writing to vote on or amend as a group in a written vote. Keith made motion to table seconded by Ken Z. and Katie G. the motion to table was approved.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55